Monday, March 3, 2008

OH/TX/RI/VT and Yeah, This is Inflation Allrite!

First, kondum's predictions for tomm. democratic primaries:

RI
-Hill Dawg

VT
-B Rack

OH
-Hill Dawg

TX
-Both*

* = Hill Dawg will win the popular vote but B Rack's gets more delegates. You watch!

---
YEAH, UH-HUH THIS IS INFLATION ALLRITE
so, y'all are probably hearing these strange terms: recession, stagflation (what? stags are going to fellate?), CPI etc. Normally we, ordinary folks (atleast I am ordinary), dont see much direct affect of this. But hold it peeps!

Episode 1: When I get lazy (I do get lazy often) I give up and order Chinese from City Garden, this Chinese Rest that is housed in my building. My fav is Sesame Crispy Shrimp w. Broccoli. I dont pay TOO much attention to the price but the other day I semi-freaked when the girl asked to pay $12.45 for it! I am like "what the hell?". The girl at the counter (she is a surly teenager btw) matter of factly goes: "yeah we change prices". To be honest I did not remember how much I paid before so I came back to my apt and compared prices from an old menu. The price has indeed gone up 5%. Again I can't remember when the last menu was printed but it can't be older than 6 months. So there you have it: evidence I of Inflation.

Episode 2: I was shopping for Ground Turkey at Rittenhouse Market today and for some reason looked at the price label and yelled out softly "Holy Shit!". The price said $6.15 for 1.4 lbs of 7% lean Ground Turkey. I can clearly remember the price to be in the $4.75 - $5 range not too long ago. That's got to be a close to a 20% price increase. (unless my memory is fading badly). Evidence II of Inflation.

Not good folks. I need to look into this more.

No comments: