Sunday, May 4, 2008

4 days, 5 nites, and a New Tolerance Level - Part II of IV

Bangalore
-I flew into Bangalore from Bombay to spend 3-4 hours meeting my cousin and my uncle and aunt before I took a bus to a town in AP where another cousin of mine was getting married.
-The cousin who lives in Bangalore is one of the few kids from our family who decided to quit his day job and follow his entrepreneurial dreams a couple of years ago. He along with his undergrad buddies started a venture based on a rather simple idea. Obviously the conservative parents and family members did not appreciate this bold decision but it is paying off already. They now employ 80 strong and are looking for an exit strategy of an IPO within the next 6 months. They are about to break even and have another round of VC money setup. My cousin is the CTO. Impressive kid.
-TV stations and newspapers have already done bits about them. Naturally he has become a source of pride for his parents and our grandparents.
-He seems to be planning for his next phase already. Apparently he wants to go to B school once his firm is on its own and move onto the area of developing public infrastructure in India. Excellent idea like always from him! I gave him a few suggestions, not that he needs any, on things about B school etc.-I spent too few hours in Bangalore to notice on the goings on but one thing I remember is the Majestic Bus station- it seemed the same as it was since I was in undergrad (which was about 13 years ago!)

No comments: