Monday, May 19, 2008

No going back now!

yeah I know, it's been a while since I posted. I fell sick on the flight back from India and it has taken me a good part of 2 weeks to return to normal. Lesson: Dont go running when you have a high fever and can't breathe and when you are weak. Anyway, back to normal now (almost).

so, I told my boss today about my career plans. and it seemed to have gone rather well with him(so far atleast).

-He was genuinely interested in the application process, the cost of the education, and my career choice.
-He mentioned that I am welcome to work here if interested after school-in a different division and role obviously.
-He appreciated the 10 week notice (July 31st is my last work day).
-He seemed to be pleased that I was going to attend MIT. Mentioned it 2-3 times.
-He also said, "Congratulations! And now let me go panic about hiring a replacement!"
-He then went talked to his boss.
-Apparently his boss took it coolly (is that a word?).
-His boss apparently told him that he was expecting me to make a move to the corporate division of the company at some point. But they did not expect me to do this this soon. So not exactly surprised apparently.
-They are cool with me working here until July 31.
-I just saw an email from my boss to the HR dept informing them that I have decided to leave and that July 31 is my last day here.

so no going back now! Set in stone more or less.

No comments: