Monday, November 3, 2008

Historic Day?

well, how is tomm going to shape up?
Are all the opinion polls going to prove correct?
Will this country elect as its leader someone they've never elected before?
Will the world enter into a new phase in terms of energy and the environment?
Can kids dream of being whoever they want to be regardless of social status, culture, and race?
Is this country going to set an example to the rest of the world?
Can this country finally elect someone for their substance?
Is the youth of this country back into mainstream politics?
Will tomm be a small but significant step in soothing racial tensions worldwide?


Let's see.

I know a lot of my friends are nervous about tomm (and I am not being melodramatic about this), so good luck to you all.

1 comment:

Vegan Dinner Journal said...

Dear Mr. Obama,

I want peace, world peace. I also want a proper and inclusive healthcare system for all that allows us to choose our physicians and not wait in line. I would like a world that runs on the sun, which is free source of energy. I don't want to be taxed on the resources that I need to live.

I suspect I'm not the only one that wants these things, and I also suspect if you polled those in this country you'd see a similar response.

I know you never promised these things, or anything remotely close to it, but I know that when you are in office you will do the right thing and not deliver on anything you actually promised and deliver what is best for us.

All of your proposals to the issues that matter to us are based on weak compromises. You know this, we all know you do. You can't fool Americans, because we care, we really do. As a matter of fact, I counted several Obama bumper stickers on the back of SUV's while I was peddling to work this morning. We are rooting for you.

So don't let us down. You slithered your way into office now its time to deliver the goods we all know you are capable of delivering. We need a real universal healthcare, real tax reform, real self sustaining economic and energy solutions.

You are now in a position to deliver what we need. Good luck. And if you need help, Ralph Nader's website has a lot of great ideas for you to use as does the Green Party's.

Peace.