Thursday, September 27, 2007

What up?

I have been wanting to post earlier but have been occupied with multiple things since last Thursday. Here is what's up:

B-school Applications
-Columbia
Still no interview call. Honestly I am sceptical about my chances at this point. Have been checking the BW forums and not only are people receiving interview calls but some have already been admitted. One person who applied after me received a Denial notice today. I am expecting mine to arrive shortly. It is tough to swallow but have to move on. I was a bit stressed this past weekend about this. But I have be realistic as well. There are other top tier schools that I stand a good chance at. Gotto analyze my application and fix potential issues for my Wharton and Sloan applications.

-Wharton
With an eye on my Columbia rejection I re-wrote all my Wharton essays. I am also being much more thorough when filling out my application here. Dont want to leave anything for interpretation. Choosing a former work supervisor as my 2nd reference should also help. If everything goes well I will submit this early next week.

-MIT/Sloan
Started on this too. Have a good idea on my essay outlines. Have to start working on the cover letter though. I plan on trying to submit this before I leave for vacation (more on this later) in mid-October.


Red Saaawx
Since my rant, the sox have gone 4-1 and now have a 3 game lead against the spankees with 4 games to go. Safe to say the division has been won. We will be playing the Angels in the first round. Should be good. I have not looked at their rotation closely but safe to say that I am predicting the Sox to win in 4 games. Manny's back as well! yipppieee!

Vacation
Finally! Regardless of my application status I have decided to take a short vacation. I will be in Eastern Europe for about 10 days in mid-October. Hopefully can get to post from there!


Markets
I have not followed closely the past 2 weeks due to my obsession with my applications. Things look ok on the surface. I have to say this though I did not buy the bs quaterly earnings reports that Goldman Sacchs and Bear Stearns came up with last week. Please! Dont believe any of the bs that they actually made money in that quarter or that the losses were not bad. Creative accounting is all that it takes. Oil hit $85 briefly and came back to $82 today. I still expect this to rise in the next 3 months.

Gotto go run. More later

No comments: