Thursday, July 19, 2007

Columbia MBA Application update

I have been corresponding with an Associate Director of Admissions at Columbia and I have to say she has been super nice about responding to my questions. Emails from her as well from a recent Columbia MBA alum inspired me to approach a manager level person at my current firm about giving me a reference and it turned out to be great. Looks like I will be getting a great one. One problem solved there.

The rest of the application:

ESSAYS
Essay1: I sent out a draft of my first essay to a few people late last week. It definitely did not look spectacular, so kinda worried me. Today I had an idea to completely change the format of the essay. My new idea should address all issues concerning my application especially as to how everything I have done so far in my career will translate into a successful financial career. I will draft it this weekend. Scrap the earlier version!

Essay 2, 3, and 4: Have a good idea on their contents but have not started writing any yet. Again this weekend I should get these going as well.

Essay 5 (optional): I decided to write this optional essay where the applicant is asked to explain anything else to the committee that will let them know me better. I have decided to write this as well to explain an anamoly in my academic performance. Should work well.

REFERENCES
All taken care of. As soon as the 2008 ED application is available online, I will include the email IDs of my references so that they can start working on them.

The plan is to submit the application by August 10.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey,
I just submitted my columbia application two weeks ago. I decided earlier this year to go for an MBA so I had only enough time to work on one application - and I chose Columbia.
Did you get in Columbia? I hope you do not mind my asking you this...