Saturday, July 7, 2007

Music - Cuban stuff

Thanks to Robert S. I have gotten into Cuban music of late. And I gotto say I am loving the first Cuban rap CD that I burnt from Robert. The group is called Orichas and the CD that I am listening to now is called "A lo Cubano". These guys emigrated from Cuba to France (Marseilles) and started making rap records.

I didn't quite believe him when Robert said that Cuban music is different from the rest of the South American latino music. How right you were Robert! "A lo Cubano" is supposedly a rap album but it is definitely different compared to mainstream hip hop. It has rhythm, background choruses, latino instrumentals combined with the hip-hop style lyric delivery. Strangely soothing at times (for a rap CD, that's cool no?). Definitely catchy, let's just say I love it! It is on my iPod and I play it often.

Robert also gave me "Island Life" by Yerba Buena which I have not yet copied onto my iPod. It's definitely happening soon.

1 comment:

Vegan Dinner Journal said...

Enjoying the blog and glad you dig Orishas. They have 2 more discs which I don't have that are available on itunes.