Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wimbledon - Men's Final

well, that was a great match! High quality play throughout, it was amazing. That Nadal kid is not too shabby huh?! Federer really looked out of it in the 5th set but somehow hit a couple of amazing shots and hit big serves when down a couple of breakpoints. Too bad Rafffa, next year!

Am I the only one wondering why both of them (especially Federer) stayed on the baseline for most of the match. I mean, c'mon people this is Wimbledon, get you asses to the net as often as possible. Maybe Federer was tentative. He needs a couple of quick grass court tutorials from Pete Sampras! Speaking of him, I read somewhere that Pete was dissing Federer (not exactly sure why?). Gotto find that link.

2 comments:

AH said...

yo .. k-man .. good blog keep it going .. wasnt that a classy final
really enjoyed it .. havent seen anything about sampras dissing federer (actually have seen a couple of articles that were pretty complimentary)- i think there was some comments in there that said he wished he was playing now because everyone is so stuck to the baseline.. if you find the link post it ..
adios bro

AH said...

• Pete Sampras is scheduled to play World Team Tennis matches this month, including July 10 in Newport Beach. During a teleconference, he discussed Federer and gushed: "I think he will break any foreseeable tennis record that's out there. He is my sort of guy. He is my sort of player. He is not grouchy. He is not abrasive. He is smooth. He is fun to watch. I don't see anyone really threatening him seriously, so, you know, I am pulling for him. I always pull for the favorite."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/jon_wertheim/07/08/50.things/4.html