Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend thoughts

-Put another year of life under the belt this weekend. Was an interesting year this past one. Met new people, maintained old friendships, spent quality time with mom and sister, travelled a bit, made a decision to transition to a new career, took on more responsibility at work, learnt new things, started running in 5K 'marathons' and overall had a good year. Definitely a lot more highs than lows. Career-wise it was a bit disappointing that I made it to the Haas MFE program's interview stage but was still put on hold. That however motivated me to focus on GMAT and MBA programs which turned out to be a positive. There is ongoing debate on MBAvsMFE and it is tough to argue for MFE in terms on long term impact on career. We'll see how it turns out. Travel wise, I hope to do more this year. Gotto make it happen somehow. Have to also keep at it with running. I hope to run a few more 5K races and try one 10K before the running season is over in Philly.

-Had a good time on Sat nite. Thanks to all those who showed up and to everyone for buying me my fav shots! See I told y'all Jaeger's good for the body and soul-it is 100% organic! I embarassed myself a bit at the end of the nite but it was not too bad apparently. Oh, also thanks to Marisa and Dana for the cool cards and to Kel for the Cross pen!

-Was flipping through channels in the afternoon and caught "Real McKoy" playing on a movie channel. I had seen it about 7 years ago but for some reason decided to watch it entirely again. Can't believe I saw this B grade movie again. It is a silly movie about Kim Bassinger who is a bank thief who is asked to rob a bank by some dude who is holding her child hostage. Val Kilmer is her awestruck sidekick. It was a terrible movie but it got me wondering about the careers of Kim Bassinger and Val Kilmer. I always thought Val Kilmer was a top rated actor, somehow he decided that he did not care anymore and starting putting on weight and not giving shit about anything. I mean, has he done anything in the last 7 years but show up on tabloids all bloated up. Not sure what went wrong with that brother. Kim Bassinger on the other hand had a nice career. Who would have thought that hot chick from 9 1/2 weeks would end up with an oscar (for a very underated LA Confidential). Is she doing anything good these days but fight with Alec Baldwin.

A new week awaits people!

No comments: