Friday, July 6, 2007

GMAT

On May 19 I decided to start preparing for the GMAT. Why? Well, more on that later. For now let me stick to GMAT. I started my prep on May 25 and took an appointment to take the test on June 20 at 9 AM (mornings are good for me-me no feely sleepy in the mornings!).

I bought the Kaplan Premier Book 2007 Edition with a CD that had 4 CAT tests. For anyone starting their prep for GMAT, I would highly recommend the Kaplan book. Essentially I just used that and nothing else. Midway through my prep I decided I needed more practice on the Quantitative section. I went out and bought the Kaplan Quantitative Practice Book. Not sure if this really helped (no CD room is available with this book) but I would recommend it for practice. My friend Marcus was also prepping for GMAT and he had taken the Kaplan online course ($1500). He told me that I could use some of his prep material if need be. So I did not bother to go buy anything else.

No comments: